Found Footage Magazine (FFM) knows you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we’ll do so carefully and sensibly. This privacy notice describes how we collect, process, and protect your personal information.
Controller of personal information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by www.foundfootagemagazine.com is controlled by Found Footage Magazine (the data controller, referred to as “FFM”).
What personal information about customers does FFM gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide on our website or give us in any other way.
- Automatic information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us, such as information about your use, including your interaction with content and services available on our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses www.foundfootagemagazine.com.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
For what purposes does FFM process your personal information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve www.foundfootagemagazine.com and the services that we offer to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to facilitate the processing of payments and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve www.foundfootagemagazine.com. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of www.foundfootagemagazine.com.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to FFM and the services we offer via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Advertising. To contact you with information or offers regarding our products or services – this may be via email or social media platforms.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
What about cookies?
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve FFM’ content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on FFM’ sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of www.foundfootagemagazine.com essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to proceed to checkout.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Does FFM share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. FFM shares customers’ personal information only as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. They are obliged to treat your data according to this Privacy Notice and the relevant data protection legislation.
- Protection of FFM and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of www.foundfootagemagazine.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
What choices do I have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- You have the right to access, update, and modify your personal data, and to object to its processing. You can exercise this right by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- At any time you may ask us to stop sending you commercial e-mail by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, each commercial e-mail we send to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
- When you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability in a commonly used and machine readable format. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact email@example.com.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of www.foundfootagemagazine.com, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
Last Updated: 24 May, 2018.