GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Essays length: between 18,000 and 35,000 characters with spaces (including footnotes).
- Articles length: between 10,000 and 18,000 characters with spaces (including footnotes).
- Book reviews length: between 3,500 and 10,000 characters with spaces.
- A space should be left between paragraphs.
- Submission file format: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx).
- Paginate your manuscripts.
- To protect anonymity, do not identify the author; so, in a separate document, please include: title, author’s name, abstract (250 words maximum), Keywords (4 – 9 words), short bio (200 words maximum) and contact email address.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR STYLE
Submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these style guidelines:
- Times New Roman 12pt. for text body.
- 14 points for headings.
- 13 points for subheadings.
- 11 points for endnotes.
(Lucifer, 1999: 666)
(Crowley & Manson, 1666: 33-62)
- Endnotes must be numbered consecutively and submitted as endnotes at the bottom of the essay.
- Endnotes should be used for material or comments that give information which a general academic reader may not know.
Author (Date). Title of book. Place of publication: publisher.
Wees, William C. (1993). Recycled Images: The Art and Politics of Found Footage Films. New York: Anthology Film Archives.
Author (Date). ‘Title of Article’, Title of Book, editors. Place of publication: publisher.
Danks, Adrian (2006). ‘The Global Art of Found Footage Cinema’, Traditions in World Cinema, edited by Linda Badley, R. Barton Palmer & Steven Jay Schneider. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
Author (Date). ‘Title of Article’, Name of Periodical, Volume Number, Issue Number, page numbers.
Katz, Joel (1991). ‘From Archive to Archiveology’, Cinematograph, no. 4. 96–104.
Ordered alphabetically by authors’ surnames at the end of the essay. When referring to a non-English language film, the original title, director and year of production should be placed in parentheses after the first mention of the film.
Title of the film in English, (original title of the film, director, date).
Tribulation 99: Alien Anomalies Under America, (Craig Baldwin, 1925).
Men, Years, Life (Uomini, anni, vita, Yervant Gianikian & Angela Ricci Lucchi, 1990).
Internet URL must be framed by the symbols < >. It is essential to add the date the document was accessed, in brackets.
<http://www.foundfootagemagazine.com/forautors> (accessed on December 10, 2014).